Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Quick xml updater

Quick xml updater

I've got a blog on my site, using an xml file to get the posts.

My question is, where would I start to make a little flash site that would let me update the xml file without re-uploading a new version to the server. I assume I would need to use PHP and AS . I'd take variables from textboxes (Title and body) also, it would need to get the date automatically. Then, I would have to use PHP or something to put those variables into my xml file with the correect tags and save it.

I'm not sure if this is really complex or quite easy. I don't know where to start.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Hi ben, well i answered this like 5 posts below your one, so here is the link

http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86621

hth

Cool, Thanks - I did a quick search, but it obviously wasn't good enough.

I'll have a look now...

any doubt, just drop me a line

Could you post an example, so I can see how it all fits together please?

I think I understand what the code does, but I'm not sure.

Thanks

in the link i provided i wrote an example but if you tell me what fields are you using i can show you some code...

I saw the code in the link, and I think I can understand how it works, but if you could do an exaple that will work for my xml file, that would be great. What I actually meant was could you do me a little example .fla that would add a post to an xml file that would really help me. Then I could tinker with your example, having a base to work off so to speak. If you don't, could you tell me where the code needs to go.

I've attatched my xml file if you need to look at it.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information