The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Mac Jpeg's and PHP

Mac Jpeg's and PHP

Hello,

I have a huge problem. I have a php script that uploads jpegs to a ftp. It works fine from a PC but from a Mac, it stills uploads the files but Flash can't seems to be able to read em. As far as i know, the pics are saved from Photoshop "save for the web" non progressive 72 dpi from the Mac...
    Any ideas???

TiA

what is the failure, loading uploaded jpegs on mac or uploading from mac? i mean if you upload a file from a pc can you load it from both systems? and when you upload it from a mac, can the pc read it? it's good to know if the failure comes from the uploading process or from the displaying process...

I can upload the files from a Mac or from a PC. From PC, no problem, from Mac, the files are uploaded successfully but flash can't read them. So i'm guessing maybe it's the jpeg compression used on the Mac or the php script...

So here is the real question hehe:
    Does it happen that php corrupts files uploaded from a mac? Or is it the compression that is wrong? (the mac user tells me he saves for the web from photoshop a jpeg non progressive at 72 dpi - but i just don't trust him).

Just do an open with. It shouldn't be corrupt. I transfer files all the time from PC to MAC and visa versa. If anything you need to set your upload mode to Binary.
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

can you post your script??? i use mac and would like to test the script... and setting upload mode to binary is for uploading by ftp, but i guess he must be using the typical fopen-fwrite-fclose system, so that should not be the problem...

another experiment could be to create the jpeg in mac, transfer it to a pc, and then upload it from the pc script. then comes the time that you don't really know what created what and ... where is everybody?!?

Thread Information