Thread: Scroll works in swf not html

Scroll works in swf not html

Ok, not really a flash problem, I don't think, but I have a scrollbar on a page, and it works fine in the swf file, but once I use the html for the page, to center it and give it a bg image, the scroll only works the first time?? Any ideas, has anyone else come across this?

http://www.flickermind.com/bg1newMenu2.swf <---works

http://www.flickermind.com/bg1newMenu2.html <----no works

//edit the scollbar was a component done by someone here, I wish I remebered who it was so I could thank him

Adam

this is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by sabxxx
    this is beautiful
    Thanks still a huge work in progress

i understand but i add it to Favorites and come back , i want to learn that too

Hey wow, nice site.

The scrollbar worked for me in both (Firefox ) but it was hella slow in the 2nd one (the one that "doesn't work"). Don't have a clue why though
    "i walk in stride with people much taller than me and partly it's the boots but mostly it's my chi and i'm becoming transfixed with nature and my part in it which i believe just signifies i'm finally waking up "

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic
    Hey wow, nice site.
    Thanks...to you The guy loved it, and gave me free headroom to do whatever I wanted with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic
    The scrollbar worked for me in both (Firefox ) but it was hella slow in the 2nd one (the one that "doesn't work"). Don't have a clue why though

So, it did work in firefox for you? hm...that's what I'm using, and I get a circle with a line through it, like it's something I can't click on. Maybe I'll look for a tutorial on doing my own scrollbar. Hey, you did one once didn't you lunatic? I remember looking at it when you had an issue..was the tutorial from here?

K, lunatic, found the one I think you used, the one from Claudio...changed my file, and it's still the same...maybe even worse, lol.....works nice in IE though

Hey he liked it! That is awesome Adam - congrats! Having free rein is nice too. I hate picky clients who change their mind 1000 times and want to micromanage everything.

Well I also got the circle with the line through it but if I just stuck with it I could drag the scroller up and down (and clicking on the arrow worked too, as well as clicking on the bar below the scroller for 'quick jumps'). But it was like dragging it though jello, stubborn and 'heavy' if that makes sense.

The scroller I always use when I want to draw my own is Claudio's infamous scroller:

http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/sh...audio+scroller
    Post #8 in that thread. You'll have to re-add in the easing if you want to keep it I think but it works great. If you keep looking through that thread I think there are other flas with slight modifications that people wanted. Find the one that works best for you.

*edit* Ha! jinx!
    "i walk in stride with people much taller than me and partly it's the boots but mostly it's my chi and i'm becoming transfixed with nature and my part in it which i believe just signifies i'm finally waking up "

Thanks, lunatic, just redid the scroll with claudio's file...still doesn't work...only in firefox though ?

http://www.flickermind.com/bg1newMenu3b.html

Yeah I get same thing as before - very strange. It's like it doesn't drag as fast as the mouse moves so the mouse "falls off" the button. Are you using a really small hit space for the dragger? What if you increased the size?

Good thought, but just drew a big rectangle around it to make sure, but no luck Thanks anyway, lunatic

Gar. Is it a frame rate issue? Really reaching here but sometimes its the oddest thing. Can you post your fla? I promise I wont' steal it and try to sell it to your guy before you finish it

Thread Information