Results 16 to 30 of 37
August 20th, 2004, 06:59 AM #16
- French Fries
- Rich country
- Social Services
- Medical Services
- Marc Dutroux
- Wim and Yoko
- High taxes
- Speed of streetworkers
August 20th, 2004, 08:57 AM #17
Vo, who are these names you mention? I've seeen Group94's stuff, assuming you mean the web design firm.Some dreams stay dreams some dreams come true.
August 20th, 2004, 09:04 AM #18
Yeah, Group94 is one of the major belgian webdesign companies. And they work a few blocks away from here, and they're just cool people
Marc Dutroux is a Belgian who took children with him, put them in his basement, raped them, let them die of starvation or murdered them. Wim Durdin and Yoko Maesen took their child to the park, tried to break it's neck, stabbed it with a knife and buried it in the park. They just went home and watched Big Brother for the rest of the evening. And Gellingen is the place where the gas blast recently occured.Wait, what?
August 20th, 2004, 11:32 AM #19Originally Posted by Jasninder
August 20th, 2004, 12:00 PM #20Originally Posted by berkoWitZ
England and most of europe is left in my list, i have travelled allover...mostly anyway and i dont know if any of ur gona believe that i just HATE travelling.
August 20th, 2004, 12:46 PM #21Originally Posted by VoetsjoebaSome dreams stay dreams some dreams come true.
August 21st, 2004, 09:57 AM #22And they work a few blocks away from here, and they're just cool people
- Chicks (cant get better than aussie chicks )
- Away from the world since were down under
- Crime ratings, murders are low
- School (much easier compared to others)
- Home of Neostream
- Have had no civil war
- Stupid road signs and rules (they just cant keep a road simple with a yellow line separating the left and right lane like in the usa)
- Mark Latham and his antics
- CityRail (Poor Trains = Government Responsibility)
- Music (Too much american influence, need more clubbing scenes and better international music stars such as anne savage)
- Crap tv (tv dramas are boring, no new concepts)
- Football: Where the f**ken love for soccer? Its no wonder why australia is crap at soccer. Wheres all the funding? It all goes to swimming, nrl, afl....
August 21st, 2004, 10:36 AM #23
-Discrimination against minors [both in religion and race] <- hate this most!!
-chaos happenf, we minors suffer the consequence.
-Low salary [1-3 years of experience: less than $300 a month, you're lucky if you get $300]
-Corrupt goverment [we are in the top 3 of the world's most corrupt countries]
-high level of pollution [try our capital Jakarta for air pollution]
-traffic [if you think bay area has traffic issue.. you don't know anything yet]
-bribe is everywhere
-almost everywhere you go you gotta pay for parking.
-stupid politicians [morons]
-soccer team sucks [so freaking crap I remember they made an own goal in purpose]
-Everything is soooooooo freaking cheap.. oh except import cars [if you got dollar $$$, you're the king]
-my best friends and family live there
-although bribing is bad, but it's useful sometimes if you accidentally run over the red light
August 21st, 2004, 11:19 AM #24
i visit bangkok very freequently, we get ladies tops and lot more clothing from there for our store in delhi, www.jasninder.com/base21 i
bangkok is a great place to shop...dont connect to the food though, massages are yummy..rest i m not gona talk about on here, everyone who has visited the place knows
August 21st, 2004, 11:24 AM #25
That reminds me, something to add to Canada:
-Mosquitos and Black Flies. (Black flies are best described as teeth with wings. They bite and leave HUGE welts.)This message will self destruct.
August 21st, 2004, 11:39 AM #26Originally Posted by Jasninder
August 21st, 2004, 12:01 PM #27
uhm..i dont go further then massages
August 21st, 2004, 04:45 PM #28
August 21st, 2004, 05:12 PM #29Originally Posted by Zak
UK (Northern Ireland)
+Food: Mince and spuds, yum! :
+Imported Food: We have some excellent Chinese and Italian restaurants.
+Pretty Girls: but not those spide-y sluts (spide is a Northern Irish word for a pop culture trend follower. You know, hard lads and slags)
+Proximity to the Republic of Ireland: Are southern neighbours are politically neutral and friendly.
+Music: Snow Patrol and Ash are both from Northern Ireland and there are some excellent unsigned bands here right now.
-Little Racial Diversity: We don't have many immigrants except the owners of Chinese, Indian and Italian restaurants.
-Sectarianism: The Protestants hate the Catholics and vice versa.
-Violence: Stems from sectarianism
-Terrorist Groups: Also due to sectarianism
-Weather: It has rained for a bout 70% of this year so far.
-Corrupt/Useless Politicians: The old Minister for Education used to be a leader of the IRA, a terrorist organisation, and Sinn Fein, one of Ireland's largest political parties is backed by the IRA. The DUP, rival party to Sinn Fein, is backed by the UVF, yet another terrorist organisation. Since the 60s Ireland has had three ceasefires and all have failed to lead to arms decommisioning.
That's about it for now. I'll add more if I remember anything.
August 30th, 2004, 03:01 PM #30
err... ok. My country now:
- Food. we have many problems eating out of our country.. (god save McDonalds)
- general Historical heritage
- A genetic sense of what is beauty.
- High living standards compared the rest of the world.
- A different slang for every city.
- People are smart and "geeky" in every thing they do. (not all.. obviously)
- Many cultural diverisity for each region. You can drive just 100KM to find out a totally different scenary
- A good nightlife. There's a pub/bar/disco/jazzclub/rockcafč at almost every corner.
- Good education level
- Demential music groups.
- generally the people stay at mum's house till they are 25-30
- Traffic and mad people driving cars.
- dubbed movies
- I haven't find a store who sell some peanut butter yet.
- people believe in newspapers as the holy bible.
- people believe in holy bilbe as a newspaper.
- We don't have a real separation between the state and the religion... YET.
- The average man in the south of italy: lazy and... "look how i'm smart in stealing money"
- Euro. and an high cost-of-life
- Gas more expensive then gold. 1,21Euro/Liter
- Italian Television shows . It's the worst, stupid, and idiot thing you could ever seen in TV. Luckily in the last years a man called Murdoch give us SKY Italy on satellite
- An average poor music culture.
- An unbalanced justice system.
- All the young people in italy study english since they are six until they are 18, but with poor results (as you can see from this post)
- How other countrys paint us. Stereothips ( I think the average american thinks italians are all like sopranos..)
- Italians are noising.
- Oh yes, just to let you know, this is our prime minister...