Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: critic this simple logo

critic this simple logo

I made this logo for a consulting firm that specializes in databases, what u think, itīs too simple, too ugly, great, good, what should I change?? thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

or this one................
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like the second one better. The first one is real blocky, whereas the 2nd one - although still maintaining the blockiness - provides a retreat from that as well as a new color definition (the orange). My 2 cents.
    -Pneumonic
    ------------------------------------------
    "I eat pogey bait for breakfast!"

thanks man, I did a couple of changes and make another one what do u think??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comp.gif 
Views:	111 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	15179  

It looks very old-fashioned though. Are you going for that look?

yes, I dont know for sure but #2 has been used before right??

well, yes, it needs to be simple, old-fashioned?? really ? what can I do to improve it??

well the computer icon looks very Apple II and the font is somewhat typical (though I know not the same) of the kinds of mono types that were used then as well.

I definitely like #1 now that you added that highlight effect. I like the 2nd one as well, but it reminds me of Mario or Mickey Mouse because of the hand/glove look. The branding for that type of label is already there so I'd stick with #1.
    -Pneumonic

ok then, make ur choice! :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logos.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	15181  

#4 is actually the one that stands out here in my opinion. Hope it helps. BTW what does the company actually do?
    -Pneumonic

I like 4 too

Four looks nice at that size, but any smaller and it's just going to be a gray box. I'd go with either 1 or 3, as they are more scalable and just better in my opinion. I like number 1 the most.
    Also, monitors are more wide the tall, something you might want to take into consideration

#4! #4! #4! #4!

WAcreative // Founder
    :: K-Team Non-Affiliated Cult Member 19 // Dr. Eternal Comatose Pillow Biter ::

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information