Thread: Sketching Female Fashion Model

Sketching Female Fashion Model *updates

Sorry boys it's just the head.

Anyway I am takinga fashion sketching class and I hope to post my progress here. This is my first attempt at trying to create a model head that I can reuse in the future.

p.s. I did not work on the hair so I know she looks boyish.

Feel free to use and alter or color as you wish.

COLOURlover | www.COLOURlovers.com
    tw: @bubs

thats nice dude. be intesting to see the clothing you design. Ive done a little.. more rough than to scale drawings, nothing to show off.

whats the rule about eyes, the space inbetween the two eyes should fit half a eye?

Yeah if you want I can create a tutorial for drawing a face correctly with fashion head proportions but yes the eyes shole take up half the space, with half an eye able to fit on each side.

And the Height of the eye is 1/3 the length.

Let's see some of your sketches.

dont know where my life drawing are... lol.. did it back in college. I'll see if i can find something.

Here is another from class.

Ethan, you should totally make a tutorial on drawing in proportion, unless that isn't even what you meant.. lol. Kirupa could use some good drawing tutorials.... any good artists out there? I wanna get better at drawing.

since its fresh in your mind Ethan, it would be a good idea to hook up a drawing tut on proportions, if you have the time.

I would like to see it as well, would be good too refresh my mind

:: btw :: nice hair on the sketch, i tried creating a fancy style of hair cut once and ended up ruining the whole illustration.. lol....guess i got carried away.

Originally posted by APDesign
    Ethan, you should totally make a tutorial on drawing in proportion, unless that isn't even what you meant.. lol. Kirupa could use some good drawing tutorials.... any good artists out there? I wanna get better at drawing.
    I'm totally up for making some tuts. I just got a 2nd job and the full time school thing is killing me this week. This weekend I'll try and whip one up.

Originally posted by ..::Soulty::..

:: btw :: nice hair on the sketch, i tried creating a fancy style of hair cut once and ended up ruining the whole illustration.. lol....guess i got carried away.
    Yeah that sketch was from a test tonight. We had to draw the hairstyle from a picture of a model. I was pretty happy with my sketch so I snapped a pic of it with the mobile. When I altered the levels in PS it really made the hair look a lot cooler than it is.

hehe... technology...

a couple new ones

Thread Information