Thread: Fireworks slicing!

Fireworks slicing!

Hey guys!

I am doing some slices in fireworks, and i have realised once i export it and load it in dreamweaver, i get a tiny gap between the table and the html page. All my margins are set to 0 in dreamweaver, am i missing anything in fireworks? Are there some settings there?

I cant set a background image coz i already have one.

Thanks for ur help!

do you see that gap in the browser too?

yeah u see it in the browser!!

you might need to check for whitespace in the HTML code. For the most part "white space is ignored" in HTML but thats not always the case, especially with tables. One space character does have an effect (though consecutive spaces do not).

Its hard to say without looking at the code, but it might be something insignificant like that.

i re sliced it in image ready, and it looks fine, ****, i was a fan of fireworks =( Im gonna keep trying though!

yeah Ive never had a problem with fireworks. I like working in it over IR so I do when possible.

take that back, it stuffs up in Image Ready, im gonna place it on the web so you can see, but the code looks fine!!

this is the link

http://www.geocities.com/d_dzign/htm...tent_spare.htm

i know its hardly anything, but i am really picky, there is a tiny white line right up the top along the table and the browser!!

thats what you call your spacer row. You can adjust settings to not use that, but theres a top (or bottom) ... and sometimes side table row or column used to properly space out divided slices. you can get rid of it but it will probably mess up your formatting. You can also use images instead of the spacers... or just re-think your slicing since all you really need to be concerned about is that little window and not so much the grey area up there. There are actually tons of ways of doing it. You might just need to play around until you find one you're comfortable with (and that is easy for you to do).

why would there be a spacer row there for? I never created one?

its created automatically
    Originally posted by senocular
    to properly space out divided slices.

got ya! so if i slice it diffrently in a more easier way, it may dissapear? or not?

Thread Information