Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (sigh) Platformer battle anyone?

(sigh) Platformer battle anyone?

So few game battles here. So very very few. I'm currently making (battle rule broken #1) a little platformer (for myself because I bore easily). Nothing revelutionary, 1 level plus crappy controls. Really I want to find out how good I really am making flash games... really.

cruddy platformer

controls: Space = jump, ctrl = sword. Sword kills white things but not red things.

Nicely drawing and the game play isn't bad at all

but make a skip story button so if you go game over you don't have to weit for it

agreed

haha, that is pretty cool

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry I meant to put the skip story button in before posting. I'll get that done as soon as I get home. That and allow the character to stab things whilst standing still and not holding a direction. But I hope someone challenges me.

So is this a competition or what coz I'll enter if its any game battle

if I have some time I might attmept a platformer, I've always kind of wanted to make one.. I might even have an ok idea for one now. the real question though - CAN I? I honestly do not know.

I'm not standing in anyone's way. Enter all you like. I like battles anyways, they sound fun.

added an option to skip cutscenes and I've also added shrink, jump/runX2 and reduce jump height/speed powerups. I'll put them to practical use when I make the second level which, in the spirit of unbridled cliche, will be a factory level. The previous posted link should work fine since I upload to the same location.

And what's the idea? I won't plagerise... honest.

I hope I haven't scared everyone away.

Another update (use the same link again) involving a couple more cutscenes and a boss. Unless you're into gunstar heroes you'll want to skip the new cutscenes. The boss is probably tricky (especially on hard), but I'm not changing it because I find it's too much fun.

**** that's hard! I haven't even made it to the boss yet ( I am playing in hard mode though)

Originally posted by APDesign
    **** that's hard! I haven't even made it to the boss yet ( I am playing in hard mode though)
    That could be it, coudn't it?

I'm brainstorming (using a side of an A5 piece of paper) the second level still. Reluctant to start working on it in case it turns into another complete mess (like the first level). Should have something for tomorrow (I hope).

In the mean time, where are the flood of contenders I expected? Have I done something wrong? Do I have to add a deadline first?
    I'll assume I'm the best unless someone comes and shows me I'm wrong.

:-\ :-\ :-\ I guess I'll just keep updating then.

I've improved the preloader so that it continues to the game once the first level is loaded then loads the rest of the game in the background.

When my game gets near 1mB you'll thank me

Started the second level now. Enter throws and picks up. Don't hold it down though otherwise you'll just keep snatching what you threw midair. I'll fix that soon, add a background etc. You know where the link is by now.

Please enter. Please

I know games are hard to make and I respect that people have other things to do but platformers aren't that tricky. You make a character and some ground, some variables to move and around 30 or so hitTests (Most in iteration loop) and you got something playable. It's so generic I could write it off the top of my head if I had time.

Come on. I'm crying.

It's christmas time

I'll keep posting till somebody enters.

link's in the first post as usual. Nothing special new. Trying to get the water interaction pinned down etc etc.

Can someone just post regardless of whether or not they're entering because I feel like I'm conversing with a brick wall here.

Hello brick wall

'hello junahu'

I'm going insane here trapped in a dead thread

'What do you expect me to do about it? I'm a bleeding wall!'

I'll give 10 to the first person to post here. Come on... FREE MONEY!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information