Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1px grids

1px grids

How can I get 1px by 1px grids to work properly in PS7?

It seems to give me weird off-rez grids all the time :-\

really annoying...
    site still under construction... going on 6 years now.

r u trying to apply a grid pattern to a layer??

I dunno, I experience the same problem.... it seems they are only at the right measurements if you zoom way in - I dont know of any other way:-\

Peace

not sure how too in ps7 but i no ms paint does one...

1px by 1px is really small so I don't know if it's possible to do it in photoshop. Did it look off res before you saved it or after?

wow I feel like a total n00b....would someone mind elaborating for me what this discussion is a bout? I think I understand the grid

From what I understand, Eilsoe is trying to create a grid pattern that is 1px by 1px which is really small so it looks blurry unless you zoom in. He's trying to get it to look crisp.

wow so the grid line would be 1/2 of a pixel!! Never heard of that. I do know that illustrator and freehand allow. partial pixel stuff could you create the pattern there and import it somehow??

Well a 1px grid in Photoshop would look like it does below.

Although it really is straight, the eye plays a trick on us that it is blurry because it cannot distinguish the colors in the area.

well thats interesting, I've never tried a 1x1 pixel grid, but that looks pretty cool Lost.

Gotta love patterns in Photoshop

I created a new layer, zoomed all the way in, took the 1px pencil tool and created 3 dots, one corner, one on the side and one on the bottom.

Then I took the square marquee tool, selected the 4 pixel area (total) then went to Edit/Define Pattern and made it a pattern. Then I deleted the layer, created another new layer, went to Edit/Fill and filled it with my pattern.

Simple.

Wow I've made patterns before, but have never done something that small, thanks Lost for the input, I will use your method.

Aw geez

I leave u alone for only a few hours, and u all go completely off-topic!

I mean: The GRID BUILT-IN photoshop!

Like the grid that can be of monster help in MS paint for instance

Not a grid pattern, I can do that easily

guys guys guys... hehe...

I've decided to just use MS paint to make my basic pixel art, and then import to photoshop and then paint it...

I was just stating that the grid (as small as it can get) in photoshop sucks major monkey butt... NOT patterns...
    site still under construction... going on 6 years now.

heehee I had the wrong idea from the start. But thanks lost I doubt ill ever do a grid that small but it is the mental rolodex. Thanks

thought that was what you ment, i had the same problem, it was in Ryall's thread a while back.
    Mike
    Linux? Il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher.
    times posted with others:162

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information