Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flash/Design Contest

Sorry about that. I thought I had posted it already, but I wasn't sure, and I couldn't find it. Therefore, I decided to post it again. Anyways, Thanks!

Well I don't have the time to make something like this for just free, but good luck to the regular members. I will let dyms set a due date and the battle rules. It's for his site so I would have no clue what to do for a theme, colors, etc.
    I'll Eat All the Babies!

Well, that's the beauty of it. Everything is pretty much up to you guys as far as colors, etc. I wish we could use two designs somehow, and then we would have 2 seperate prizes. But I think for now we'll just go with the 1 prize/1 contest/1 winner. Maybe that'll be our next contest...

Ted Hernandez
    AfterEfx, Inc.
    www.afterefx.com

This is interesting, i cant wait to see the submissions. For this one, I'll just watch on the sidelines.

Soooo... Is anybody going to join other than me? I'm just submitting something simple, buttons and stuff. I'll think about the intro.

Hey if that's the case, then it's going to be pretty easy for you.

Electongeek, you might as well join in and give morse some competition.

Ted Hernandez
    AfterEfx, Inc.
    www.afterefx.com

I would give some competition, but people don't like mods to enter battles or contests when prizes are involves, figures.....
    I'll Eat All the Babies!

haha It sounds like you really want to join in. I think I'm going to go back on what I said earlier. Since I came up with the contest, I ought to be able to set the rules, right?

** This contest will be open to EVERYONE. Mod or no mod.

I don't think I should restrict someone for joining just because they have more experience. Morse, just because they have more experience doesn't mean you can't do better. People's tastes are different. This is going to be judged by myself and 3 others in my company. So what I'm trying to say is don't get intimidated!

Here's what I'll do... Just to make it interesting, I'll give a $50 prize to the runner up! So to sum it up...

NEW RULES:
    1-Any experience level is welcome to join in.
    2-$50 goes to the runner-up

Ted Hernandez
    AfterEfx, Inc.
    www.afterefx.com

Sounds good
    I'll Eat All the Babies!

hmmm

so ur using hte battle to get free flash done...hehe i find that kinda wrong..but if its ok i guess its ok...i just hope we dont see a trend....peopel should get paid to do jobs

no thanks dyms, I wish I had the skill and the time to do stuff for free, but unfortunately I have to pay bills so I'm gonna be a spectator and not compete. good luck to the rest.

parabol did you even read the first post in the thread. dyms is offering a prize to the winner, assumptions can be a killer.....
    I'll Eat All the Babies!

yea, the one year free hosting sounds tempting....alas i suck at flash & PS, so i won't embarass myself by joining

excuse my curiosity dym, if your company is a web design compnay...why are you "outsourcing" to a forum to get an intro for a company that is supposed to be creating intro's/web design for others? forgive me if this sounds stupid i'm a n000b

No problem. Actually the reason we aren't creating it ourselves is because we've been extremely busy lately. We keep meaning to redo our company website, but something else always comes up. Therefore, we decided to have someone else create it for us.

As far as parabol and electrongeek, I'm not sure they read the new rules. There is a grand prize and a prize for the runner-up. It doesn't matter what your skill level is.

Ted Hernandez
    AfterEfx, Inc.
    www.afterefx.com

fair enough

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information